No longer can we uninstall MS edge from Windows11

Ways (which no longer work on Win11 (Build 22621.1718)) to forcibly remove MS edge which are mentioned on diff sites.

• Run RegEdit and go to this key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Microsoft Edge. In there change the value of ‘NoRemove’ from 1 to 0. And then uninstall MS edge from Windows Settings (if you don’t first change this registry entry, ‘Uninstall’ option would remain grayed out in the apps list)

• Open Command Prompt (perhaps Power Shell would also do), with admin rights, go to this location (you’d have to give this command Cd "Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\YOUR-MS-EDGE-VERSION-NUMBER\Installer" . E.g.: Cd "Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\113.0.1774.57\Installer").

• At the above said location, paste this command in the terminal/command window: .\setup.exe --uninstall --system-level --verbose-logging --force-uninstall .
    I’ve found that this command no longer works and gives this type of access error: The Setup command may only be used inside a Describe block. (actual error msg is much longer than this line). Sometimes, this didn’t produce any error, but no result also.

• Another method is to run this command in Admin Power Shell: get-appxpackage *edge*. And in the almost 6th line of the results, you’d find PackageFullName. Here you’ve to copy its value, and give this command: Remove-appxpackage “PackageFullName”`. E.g.

Remove-appxpackage RMicrosoft.MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient_1000.22621.1.0_neutral_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe

• But this too failed with this sort of error: Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.

None of the above worked. And I’ve not been able to uninstall this yet. But as a workaround I’ve just removed MS Edge’s association with any file types, so that it doesn’t open automatically anytime I’m working on something.